You will work in the Interventional NeuroPsychology (NPI) team, a joint research unit (INSERM, UPEC, ENS), headed by Prof. Anne-Catherine Bachoud-Lévi. The NPI team is present at two sites:
the Mondor Institute for Biomedical Research (Faculty of Medicine of the UPEC in Créteil)
the Institute of Cognition Studies (IEC) of the Ecole Normale Supérieure in Paris.
Professor Bachoud-Lévi's team is internationally renowned for his research on biotherapies for neurodegenerative diseases, such as neuronal grafts (Huntington's disease) and gene therapy (Parkinson's and Huntington's diseases). The originality of the team is based on the conjunction of a clinical research activity on new therapies and basic research in cognition.
Under the supervision of a doctor - senior biostatistician (Pr Etienne Audureau), your mission will be to conduct statistical analyzes related to the research projects conducted by Prof. Bachoud-Lévi's team: 1) Psychometric analyzes for the development of methods and tools useful for the longitudinal follow-up of patients in therapeutic trials 2) Supervised analyzes for the identification of markers useful in early diagnosis, differential diagnosis, stratification of patients and personalized prognosis 3) Unsupervised analyzes for the identification of specific clinical profiles and evolutionary trajectories.
- Development of statistical analysis plans related to basic and clinical research projects, in collaboration with researchers and clinicians of the team.
- Analyzes according to the statistical analysis plans
- Writing of statistical reports
- Writing of study protocols, scientific articles and internal and external reports
- Contribution to the application and validation of innovative methods in the field of clinical research, including modeling approaches (frequentist statistics or Bayesian inference, models of diffusion and analysis of reaction times), and supervised (predictive models for diagnosis and prognosis) / unsupervised (clustering and trajectory analyzes) machine learning
Knowledge and know-how
- Mastery of usual descriptive, univariate and multivariate statistics (linear regression, logistic and proportional hazards models of Cox for censored data, factorial and principal component analyzes)
- Knowledge of data mining methods (data mining and machine learning approaches) for the analysis of large data, including supervised approaches (classification, decision trees and random forests) and unsupervised (clustering, association rules ...)
- Mastery of at least one statistical software (R, SAS, SPSS, Stata, Python)
- Formatting and presentation of the results
- Intermediate level in English (written and oral expression and comprehension)
- Expertise in cognitive science or health sciences recommended
- Rigor in data management and analysis
- Ability to write and communicate the results of the analyzes produced
- Ability to assimilate the scientific literature (in English) related to research themes and applied methods
- Autonomy and ability to take initiatives and make proposals.
- Ability to work on several research projects
- Ability to work in a team
Required training and professional experience desirable
- Training in statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology, biological data analysis
- Training in clinical Trial Analysis
- A first professional experience (1 to 2 years) in statistics applied to clinical trials or to research in medicine / biology acquired in a CIC or a research laboratory
- Contract 1 year renewable
- Location: IMRB (Faculty of Medicine - Créteil), Ecole normale supérieure Paris
- Application to firstname.lastname@example.org