Scientific Mediation Assistant, 6-month fixed-term contract (1 July 2020 to 31 December 2020)
Description of the mission:
Raise awareness of the different publics to scientific and technical knowledge and research through educational and popularisation actions.
Description of the activities to be done:
- Management, dissemination and archiving of information relating to the scientific life of the unit.
- Management of the unit's website and development and formatting of communication media (web, booklets for temporary events, articles, social networks etc.) for scientific events, where appropriate in conjunction with the unit administrator.
- Responding to requests for scientific information and assisting in particular with access to electronic documentary resources.
- In the current context, implementation of new educational dissemination tools, setting up online dissemination of the Institute's activities and promotion of its activities via social networks.
Skills required for the position
- General knowledge of the basics of mediation and scientific dissemination
- Knowing digital tools and their uses
- Good oral and written comprehension of English
- Mastering Internet technologies (creation of multimedia content for websites in collaboration with the computer scientist in charge of programming)
- Mastery of graphic creation tools
- Responding to specific information and documentation needs (in connection with the unit's library)
- Help the members of the institute in the information of the bibliographical bases (Hal, Ribac...)
- To be able to work in a multidisciplinary team within the framework of national and international cooperation.
Work context (links, places...)
The Institut Jean Nicod (UMR 8129) is a multidisciplinary unit in SHS with an international reputation, organizing numerous scientific events in the fields of analytical philosophy, linguistics and cognitive sciences. It is under the academic supervision of the ENS and EHESS. The UMR is housed at the ENS, 29 rue d'Ulm. In the current context, the agent may be required to work from home.
The agent will be equipped with standard computer equipment.
The staff member will be placed under the responsibility of the Director of Unit (Roberto Casati) and the Lab Manager (Nathalie Evin).
Submit your application on the CNRS website.